These pancakes are a weekend staple in my house they are made with wholesome ingredients and are naturally sweetened with bananas and a touch of honey.I make a double or triple batch and freeze them for during the week… they freeze very well. Reheat in a toaster or oven.
Multi-Grain Banana PancakesTotal Time: 20 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 2 pancakes each
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 cup low-fat milk
¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 very ripe medium banana, mashed
1 Tbsp. raw honey
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
3 Tbsp. wheat bran
2 Tbsp. chopped raw almonds
1½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. sea salt
Nonstick cooking spray
4 tsp. pure maple syrup
1. Combine egg, oil, milk, yogurt, banana, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
2. Combine flours, oats, bran, almonds, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
3. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until just blended.
4. Heat large nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, on medium-high heat.
5. Spoon about ¼ cup batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
6. Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds.
7. Repeat with remaining batter.
8. Serve pancakes topped evenly with maple syrup.